Monday, February 6, 2012

Interview with Mao Zedong





Interview with: Mao Zedong.
Interviewed by: Romina Romei

Question #1:
How did you grow up in your youth hood?

            I was born on December 26, 1948., in Shaoshan Hunan Province, China.  I grew up in a peasent family.  My father was a peasent, and was a prosperous farmer and grain dealer.  I started school at age 8.   When the Xinhai Revolution against the Qing Dynasty took place in 1911 I joined the Revolutionary Army in Hunan.  After my graduation in 1918, I travelled to Beijing, where I lived with Yang Changji, my college teacher and my future father-in-law.  Which is how I ended up here.

Question #2:
Throughout your life, which achievements do you think are major, or a best of all your other achievements?

            I believe that one of my greatest achievement was the Cultural Revolution.  I believe this because it was a time where we completely changed China.  We got rid of many of China’s old traditions and customs, also known as the “Four Olds” as we tried to modernize China for a brighter, and better future, as the many achievements China has now. 

Question #3:
Who are some people, or what are some things that have influenced you and your choices for China?

            Many of my influences came from the Revolutions I had, growing up.  Also many of them had come from the way I had grown up.  I grew up as a peasent, and thought it was unfair, so that thought also had much influence on me.  Those influences made me realize how unfair certain things are, which led to the Cultural Revolution.

Question #4:
Would you have changed anything you have done?

            I would not have changed anything that I have done.  One of the reasons for this is because of the accomplishments I have done, I have helped China take a big step out of traditions, and into modernization.  I am one of the reasons China is such a large, powerful country today.  I do understand that many things during the Revolution were harsh, but they were only for the better.

Question #5:
Thank you for all of these answers.  Now how is your health, or personal life?

            It is my pleasure.  At this moment, I am 119 but on December 26 I will turn 120.  On September 9, 1976, I had a very major heart attack that caused death.  When I had this heart attack I was married to a loving wife, Jiang Qing, and a daughter name Li Na. 



No comments:

Post a Comment